Caroline Flack: I broke down during X Factor Boot Camp

TVBy Sunday World
Caroline Flack: I broke down during X Factor Boot Camp

Caroline Flack wishes she'd asked Dermot O'Leary's advice on how to handle X Factor rejects, as she has already "lost it" a few times.

The 35-year-old star and pop singer Olly Murs have taken over from Dermot as hosts of the current series of The X Factor, having previously helmed spinoff programme The Xtra Factor from 2011 to 2013. The vital audition stages of the competition are over now and this weekend (31Oct-1Nov15) sees the first live shows, but Caroline regrets the way she handled some of the earlier moments better.

"We wish we'd asked Dermot for advice on coping with the people who got told 'no', as we never got that on Xtra Factor," she sighed to Britain's Closer magazine. "When they got to Boot Camp, then were told no, I couldn't cope. I lost it a few times. What do you say to someone whose dreams have been shattered?"

It hasn't been an easy ride for Caroline and Olly as their presenting skills have already been criticised by the public. Many took to Twitter to share their disappointment and calling for Dermot to be brought back. Luckily Caroline doesn't take the comments to heart as she always expected to come in for some stick.

"It would be boring if everyone liked you," she reasoned. "Many people on Twitter make me laugh. I'll slip on one word and people say I should be sacked. You can't listen to any of it!"

While she's enjoying being in the front seat of proceedings, Caroline wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for Olly's encouragement. With their pairing has come rumours of a romance, as the singer split from his girlfriend in September (15) and Caroline is newly-single after breaking up with ex-boyfriend Jack in August (15). Neither have commented on the reports though.

- Cover Media