EntertainmentTV

'Bring it on!' Chris Evans isn't worried by Top Gear criticism

TVBy Sunday World
'Bring it on!' Chris Evans isn't worried by Top Gear criticism

Chris Evans has responded to critics of the revamped Top Gear.

The 50-year-old hosts the motoring show with former Friends actor Matt LeBlanc. Since the programme returned to screens last month (May16), after undergoing a makeover following the departure of former presenters Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond, it has faced a lot of criticism.

Chris has been accused of being "too shouty", and there have even been calls for racing driver Jenson Button, who appeared in a segment on the second episode, to replace him.

But Chris is adamant that the people criticising the programme don't represent the show's much wider, and more loyal, fan base.

"I find it hilarious that people who have never made a show in their lives then presume what is right and what is wrong with the making of a television programme," he told BuzzFeed.

"Everyone is entitled to their opinions, course they are... Those people have a loudhailer and that's fine, and by the way, bring it on. That's what I expected."

Chris added: "I've got enough feedback back to know that enough people like it and love it, actually."

Despite "absolutely" expecting some negativity surrounding the revamped show, Chris continued to explain it can take time for viewers to get used to such a dramatic change. He also admitted he hasn't set a deadline for people to make their mind up about the new version of the programme.

"In the first week of a radio show changing, there's 15 hours of the new bloke. In a TV show, there's one show every seven days, so it takes a lot more getting used to," he said.

"There will be an audience churn. People will make their minds up. I don't know when, as this is unprecedented in the world of entertainment, it's really never happened on this scale before."

- Cover Media