EntertainmentTV

Ant McPartlin banned from having visitors during two-month rehab stint - report

Ant McPartlin banned from having visitors during two-month rehab stint - report

Ant McPartlin has reportedly been banned from using his phone or having visitors during his two-month stint in rehab.

The 41-year-old presenter announced on Sunday (18Jun17) that he had made the decision to seek help for his drug and alcohol addictions at a specialist centre.

"The first step is to admit to yourself you need help," he told The Sun on Sunday. "I feel like I have let a lot of people down and for that I am truly sorry.

"I want to thank my wife, family and closest friends for helping me through this really difficult time."

But Ant won't be able to receive visits from spouse Lisa Armstrong or presenting partner Declan Donnelly during his time in rehab, according to The Sun.

"The most important thing is getting his health on track," a source told the newspaper. "Right now Ant won’t be able to have access to his phone or any visitors, even from his wife or Dec.”

Ant's issues are said to have been furthered following a knee injury two years ago, after which he was prescribed painkillers, including the opioid Tramadol, to help with his discomfort.

Following his rehab announcement, both Lisa and Dec took to their social media to thank fans for their support

"Thank you for all the kind messages and well wishes for the big fella. He will be touched. Your support is, as ever, much appreciated," Dec wrote.

Meanwhile, Lisa tweeted: "Completely overwhelmed by all your love and support, it means so much. I’m relieved he’s receiving the help he needs. We just need him better.”

Ant previously added to The Sun on Sunday that he's hoping his decision to ask for professional help may inspire others in similar situations to do the same.

"I've spoken out because I think it's important that people ask for help if they're going through a rough time and get the proper treatment to help their recovery," he explained.

- Cover Media