Ant and Dec 'are threatening to quit Britain's Got Talent'
Ant and Dec are reportedly threatening to quit 'Britain's Got Talent'.
The presenting duo, both 40, have helmed the popular talent show for a decade, but talks over a new ITV contract are said to have stalled because they are not sure they wish to remain as the hosts of the popular programme.
An insider shared: "The pair are threatening to quit 'BGT' which jeopardizes the current 'BGT' renewal negotiations with ITV. They have fronted 'BGT' for 10 years now and are looking at their options."
A source close to the award-winning presenters has revealed their relationship with music mogul Simon Cowell has come under pressure in recent times and it could influence whether they decide to extend their stay with ITV, where they have also hosted programmes like 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!' and 'Saturday Night Takeaway'.
Ant and Dec have reportedly been offered a new three-year deal by the broadcaster, which is rumoured to be worth as much as £5 million each.
It has previously been claimed that ITV is determined to reach an agreement with the popular duo before their current deal expires.
A source previously said: "The deal isn't up until later in the year, but rest assured the bosses aren't standing by letting it just run out - they're already considering their options.
"It goes without saying they're a huge part of ITV's schedule and nobody wants to see them walk away, so they're planning a new deal which will be very tempting for them.
"The conversations are coming over the next few months so they're working on their offer well in advance to make sure it all goes smoothly."