EntertainmentTV

Aliona Vilani 'keen to make Strictly Come Dancing return'

TVBy Sunday World
Aliona Vilani 'keen to make Strictly Come Dancing return'

Aliona Vilani is reportedly keen to make a return to Strictly Come Dancing "in some capacity".

The 32-year-old professional dancer won the BBC talent show last year (15) with her partner, The Wanted singer Jay McGuinness. So her decision to quit the programme came as something of a surprise, but Aliona said at the time that she wanted to concentrate on starting a family with her husband Vincent Kavanagh.

Now it has been claimed that Aliona is regretting her choice, and is in talks with bosses about returning as a choreographer or first reserve if one of the other dancers is injured.

"She is bored and really keen to get back on the show in some capacity," a source told the Daily Mirror. "She is currently talking to show bosses about having a choreography role, and she is their number one dancer to turn to if someone has an injury.

"She’s over the moon and realised she was a bit hasty in her decision to quit."

Aliona is also expected to perform with Jay as the pair are apparently set to open the series when it hits television screens this September (16).

Aliona was just one of the professional dancers to announce her departure from Strictly last year (15). Russian dancer Gleb Savchenko, who had caused a stir with his barely there costumes on the show, also revealed he would be quitting after just one series. However, he promised he would be tuning in to watch this year's series.

Replacing the ex professionals are world champion Katya Jones, Ukrainian champion Oksana Platero and Spanish professional Gorka Marquez, who will all be hitting the dance floor in September.

Among the stars expected to be announced on the line-up for the 2016 show are television presenter Laura Whitmore, Judge Rinder and singer Louise Redknapp.

- Cover Media