Woman forced out of home after finding deadly spiders in bananas
A woman was forced out of her home after she found deadly spiders in her bananas.
Gemma Price from County Durham in North East England found hundreds of the potentially harmful insect feasting on her bunch of bananas, which she purchased from supermarket Asda.
The 30-year-old mother panicked when they managed to get into her seven-month-old baby boy's cot and after a call to the emergency services she was told to evacuate the property.
Gemma had to spend three days away from her home as a team went into to kill them.
She told Metro.co.uk: "I bought some loose bananas from Asda, in Stanley, on Monday. Next day I came home from gym and picked one off from the bunch and went upstairs.
"As I peeled the banana a white egg sac, which I hadn't noticed before, broke and hundreds of little spiders were crawling on my hands and arms and down my pyjamas. I threw the banana down on the bed and they spread everywhere.
"I was freaking out and screaming and trying to kill as many as I could. Some got into my baby Leo's cot. I quickly picked him up and called 999.
"The operator asked if we had been bitten and when I said no, I was told to evacuate the property with my baby immediately and not go to back. My mother lived just across the road, so luckily I had somewhere to go that time of night."
Mrs. Price was advised by the supermarket to bring the spiders and her fruit to the store to claim a refund.
She told the publication: "It was absolutely comical. There was no ways I was going to be walking with potentially venomous spiders in my bag,' she said.
'I contacted head office the next day but they said there was not much they could do about it. The conversation got heated when he suggested I shake the baby's clothes out."