Man poisoned from kissing snake
A young snake enthusiast has luckily survived a bite from a deadly pit viper after making the seemingly suicidal decision to kiss it.
Austin Hatfield, 18, was left in hospital with a swollen face after being struck by a venomous water moccasin he had been keeping in a pillowcase.
Florida Fish and Wildlife spokesman Gary Morse told the New York Daily News that the viper was most likely stressed and agitated after spending days in the pillowcase.
Florida Fish and Wildlife are currently investigating the situation as Hatfield was keeping the snake illegally without a permit or a cage.