Grandmother accidentally poisons family with 25-year-old hot chocolate

TrendingBy Sunday World

A grandmother accidentally poisoned her family by giving them a hot chocolate sachet that was 25 years out of date.

The woman, who is known simply as Mrs Rosetta, drank from the sachet and also gave it to her husband, son, grandchildren, and her grandchild's friend, Il Giornale Di Vicenza reports.

All of them were taken to hospital in Vincenza, north east Italy, with one of the children required to spend as long as 20 days receiving treatment for the poisoning.

Everyone involved in the unfortunate incident suffered stomach upsets and vomiting after ingesting the contents of the sachet, which had a sell-by date of 1990.

Accident or not, the police have charged the woman with causing injury through neglect, according to Corriere del Veneto.