Court rules man can’t sue restaurant after burning his head on fajitas while praying
A man cannot seek damages for burns he suffered while bowing his head in prayer over a sizzling steak fajita skillet at a restaurant, a New Jersey appellate court has ruled.
The ruling upheld a lower court ruling which dismissed his lawsuit.
The man claimed a waitress did not warn him the dish was hot, but the lower court found the food posed an "open and obvious" danger.
The incident happened at an Applebee's in Burlington County in 2010.
The man said he bowed his head, then heard a loud sizzle followed by a grease pop.
He then felt a burning sensation in his left eye and on his face.
The man said he panicked and knocked the food on his lap, causing more burns. The burns did not cause scarring.