Clarkson still waiting to hear Top Gear fate
Suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has said he is waiting to hear about his fate at the BBC, after claiming he expects to be axed by the corporation.
The star has been left in limbo for two weeks since the BBC announced his suspension following what it described as "a fracas" with producer Oisin Tymon.
Clarkson and Mr Tymon have given evidence to an internal BBC investigation, led by Ken MacQuarrie, into what happened and the star's future is expected to be decided this week.
Clarkson left his London flat in a taxi around 4.40pm and when asked if he had heard from the BBC today he told reporters: "Nothing. Not a sausage."
He added: "So I'm really sorry but I don't think you're going to find anything out today (Tuesday)."
Clarkson, alongside co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond, was scheduled to take part in four live Top Gear shows in Norway this week, but it was announced on Sunday they had been postponed.
On the same day, Clarkson described his week as "turbulent" and claimed he was joking when he appeared to criticise BBC bosses during an expletive-laden rant at a charity event.
The beleaguered presenter appeared to suggest he may be sacked from the BBC Two show and criticised the corporation's executives.
Clarkson said he was told off by his lawyer after his on-stage speech at the charity gala in north London was captured on video.
But he said in The Sunday Times that it had all been in good humour, writing: "It was all meant in jest and anyway it worked.
"By being brief, controversial and a bit sweary I woke the room up and the auction prize I was offering - one last lap of the Top Gear test track - raised £100,000."
Clarkson told those gathered at the charity event: "To be in the audience of Top Gear there was an 18-year waiting list. You know the BBC has f***** themselves, and so who gives a f***?
"It was a great show and they f***** it up."
He is reported to be considering new shows, including a programme about a novice trying to run a farm.