A seagull was dyed bright orange after falling into a pot of curry
A seagull was dyed bright orange after falling into a pot of curry.
The seagull, who has since been nicknamed 'Gullfrazie' - which is a medley of the species and the spicy dish from the Indian cuisine called jalfrezi was trying to pinch some meat from a food factory in Wales when he took a tumble into a vat of chicken tikka masala.
Speaking to Wales Online, veterinary nurse Lucy Kells said: "He was bright orange. We have had wildlife covered in cooking fat and glue, but we've never had one covered in curry before.
"The thing that shocked us the most was the smell. He smelled amazing, he really smelled good.
"He cleaned up surprisingly well at the hospital, we used washing up liquid a few times."
Gullfrazie hadn't been in the sauce long and was swiftly rescued from the Indian dish and has returned to its pure white colour.
Meanwhile, the seaside bird will remain at the Vale Wildlife Hospital until his feathers have recovered their natural oils.