The very best of Italy's lakes
It's easy to forget how something so simple as a lake can bring a very real sense of calm and beauty.
Not that serenity is all you'll get - there are loads of ways to enjoy the lake a bit more proactively by trying out things like water skiing and wakeboarding. Here we've put together a variety of lake holidays for you to check out.
Italy needs little introduction - the home of pizza and pasta as well as acres of world class wines. The lakes have a tonne of activities to get stuck into and the towns are lined with restaurants and bars too - sample a different place every day.
- Mingle with the stars on the shores of Europe's deepest lake
- Style and charm ensure there is something for everyone
- Accommodations available on the east and west shores
- Beautiful scenery with mountains to the north and vineyards to the south
- Pretty lakeside resorts, rich in history and culture
- Promenades, piazzas and stylish shops
- Calming bicycle paths and beautiful walking trails, with the option of more demanding mountain routes.
- Freshwater fun in one of Italy's cleanest lakes, whether you're swimming or just dipping your toes.
- Beauty treatments at the Imperial Grand Hotel and therapeutic waters in Vetriolo.
- Meander through the cobbled streets and piazzas of Stresa and Baveno
- A lakeside riviera with a cosmopolitan and friendly atmosphere
- Set on the south western shores of the Italo-Swiss Lake Maggiore
Crystal Summer offers holidays that are set amongst some of Europe's most stunning locations - with awe-inspiring mountains, beautiful beaches and peaceful lakes as a back-drop to your fantastic summer holiday.
Visit www.crystalsummer.ie or call 01 433 1010 today!