Zayn Malik starts work on second album
Zayn Malik has started work on his second album.
The 'Pillowtalk' hitmaker - who turned his back on his band One Direction 12 months ago to pursue a solo career - is set to drop his debut collection 'Mind of Mine' later this week but it seems he isn't wasting any time getting started on his next release as he's already back in the studio recording tracks.
Holding a fan chat on Periscope over the weekend, the 23-year-old hunk told his followers he had to go to work.
He said: "I've gotta go. I gotta go to the studio. I gotta get working on the second album."
Meanwhile, Zayn recently admitted he was shocked by the amount of success he's had so far as a solo artists.
He said earlier this month: "It was really surprising to me. I kind of didn't set out with the intention to be as successful as it was. When it did well I was surprising myself. With each thing I'm putting out I feel more confident and it gives me new ideas. I just take everything one step at a time."
'Mind of Mine' is set for release on March 25.