Scott Weiland died from accidental overdose

Scott Weiland died from accidental overdose

Scott Weiland died after taking a "toxic" mix of drugs.

The former Stone Temple Pilots singer was found dead on his tour bus on December 3 and now the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office has ruled his passing was an accidental overdose of substances including cocaine, ecstasy and alcohol.

The medical examiner also said they took into account the 48-year-old rocker's "atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, history of asthma and multi-substance dependence."

According to TMZ, a search warrant from Bloomington police officers showed two bags of cocaine, sleeping pills, opiates, Viagra, a generic form of Xanax and Ziprasidone - which can treat bipolar disorder and schizophrenia - were found on the tour bus.

Following Scott's death, a number of stars paid tribute to the singer, who leaves behind two children, Noah, 15, and Lucy, 13, and his wife Jamie Wachtel.

Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx tweeted: "Sad to hear about Scott's passing .I hope it wasn't drugs. The saddest part of the story is his kids and family being left behind. RIP (sic)"

Former Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic wrote: "Really sorry to hear about Scott Weiland. (sic)"

And Blink 182's Travis Barker tweeted: "Very sad news, rest in peace #ScottWeiland #toosoon (sic)"