Sam Smith cancels tour
Sam Smith has cancelled the remaining dates on his sold out Australian tour.
The 22-year-old singer has been diagnosed with a small haemorrhage on his vocal cords after becoming vocally exhausted due to months of concerts around the world and has been advised to rest his voice.
Sam is devastated to have to pull out of the scheduled dates and is "so sorry" to the fans who were looking forward to seeing him perform.
In a statement posted on Facebook page, Sam said: "I am deeply, deeply saddened to tell my Australian fans, I have to cancel my Australian tour. I have been vocally exhausted for a while now however last night in Sydney I had a small haemorrhage on my vocal cords. The doctors have told me I need to fully rest until my vocal cords have healed, otherwise this could become a huge long-term issue, I am so sorry to all who have bought tickets, I truly am. We will be announcing re-arranged dates very shortly. This kills me."
The 'Stay With Me' singer had already played shows in Brisbane and Sydney this week and had sold-out shows in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth to come.
The 'Lay Me Down' star has tour dates around the world locked in until September, and it is not known whether his Japanese dates, due to take place from May 8, will be affected with the singer waiting on further medical assessment.
All ticket holders have been advised to get refunds from the point of purchase and cancelled ticket holders who purchased their tickets from Ticketek and Ticketmaster will be offered a first-purchase option on the new tour, set for December 2015.