EntertainmentMusic

Noel Gallagher unimpressed with Glastonbury line-up

MusicBy Sunday World
Noel Gallagher unimpressed with Glastonbury line-up

Noel Gallagher isn't excited by this year's Glastonbury line-up.

The 48-year-old rocker hasn't been asked to play at the world famous festival by Michael Eavis or his daughter Emily but he is intending to go and party in a field at the music event with his wife Sara MacDonald.

Noel is happy enough with the trio of headliners, Muse, Adele and his friend Chris Martin's band Coldplay, but is far from impressed with the selection of support acts, which includes ZZ Top, Cyndi Lauper, Jess Glynne, The 1975 and Years & Years among many others, but he is definitely going to catch Jeff Lynne's ELO.

Speaking to NME, Noel - who played Glastonbury three times with Oasis, headlining twice - said: "No (I'm not playing Glastonbury). They're yet to ask or make a serious offer. But I am going. The line-up isn't exactly great though. Not talking about the headliners, but the entire thing ... I think, 'What am I going to see?' ELO, they're good. I try to go every year with the missus. We didn't go last year so we're going this year and I have the time off."

Although Noel won't be performing with his High Flying Birds band at Worthy Farm in Somerset, South West England, this June he will be on tour until September.

The reason for the lengthy run on the road in support of his second solo LP 'Chasing Yesterday' is because he makes a lot less money from sales of his albums and singles than he did during his 90s heyday with brother Liam Gallagher.

The 'Wonderwall' songwriter said: "I started this tour last March, it's been a long one. Tours get longer as the record industry dwindles. No one is going to give up their lifestyle because no one buys records, so you just tour for longer."