MOJO magazine to honour Bob Dylan with limited edition vinyl issue
MOJO magazine is set to honour Bob Dylan on the 50th anniversary of the release of his landmark album 'Blonde On Blonde'.
The special package - released ahead of the music legend's 75th birthday on May 24 - will include 'Blonde On Blonde Revisited', which will feature Bob's songs from the album rerecorded by contemporary artists, as well as a special issue of the publication, complete with a collectors' cover and a review of Dylan's brand new album, 'Fallen Angels' as a part of the 21-page Dylan cover story.
MOJO's Editor-In-Chief Phil Alexander said: "MOJO's Vinyl Editions are a labour of love and we're thrilled to be able to commemorate the anniversary of 'Blonde On Blonde' - the first double album in the history of rock - with this special package.
"To many, the album is Bob's greatest work and the re-recordings of these songs offer new perspectives on the originals. We hand-picked every artist with each track in mind so it's a carefully assembled collection of music which features some stunning versions of tunes that are so familiar. As with all our covers projects on MOJO, the aim of 'Blonde On Blonde Revisited' is also to encourage our readers to listen to the work of all those that have participated in the project."
Only 3500 copies of The MOJO Vinyl Edition will be made. It will be available to purchase at www.mojo4music.com/BlondeonBlonde from May 24, to mark the 'Blowin' in the Wind' hitmaker's 75th birthday.
A standard edition of the magazine can also be purchased and it will feature 'Blonde On Blonde Revisited' on CD.
Previous Vinyl Editions from MOJO have included the celebrations of major albums from The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.
Full album tracklisting:
1. Malcolm Middleton - 'Rainy Day Women #12 & 35'
2. My Darling Clementine - 'Pledging My Time'
3. Steve Gunn - 'Visions Of Johanna'
4. Chip Taylor - 'One Of Us Must Know (Sooner Or Later)'
5. Phosphorescent - 'I Want You'
6. Promised Land Sound - 'Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again'
7. Michael Chapman - 'Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat'
8. Peter Bruntnell - 'Just Like A Woman'
9. Thomas Cohen - 'Most Likely You Go Your Way And I'll Go Mine'
10. Kevin Morby - 'Temporary Like Achilles'
11. Marissa Nadler - 'Absolutely Sweet Marie'
12. Ryley Walker - '4th Time Around'
13. Night Beats - 'Obviously Five Believers'
14. Jim O'Rourke - 'Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands'