EntertainmentMovies

Will Smith 'won't appear in Bad Boys 3'

MoviesBy Sunday World
Will Smith 'won't appear in Bad Boys 3'

Will Smith won't star in the two up-coming 'Bad Boys' films - but will be involved in some capacity.

The 46-year-old actor has appeared as Miami detective Mike Lowrey alongside Martin Lawrence's cop character Marcus Burnett in the action comedy franchise since its inception in 1995, but there is a strong possibility he will not be reprising the role.

Despite this, the 'Fresh Prince of Be Air' star will be involved in 'Bad Boys 3' in a producer capacity and has signed up to assist on the recently confirmed fourth film in the series, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Last year, Martin, 50, revealed that the script was well under way and even tagged Will in a post on Twitter regarding production.

When asked about the next installment, he said: " I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer (producer) yesterday. He said it's real, they're working on the script, they're getting close - and it all looks good."

Meanwhile, the star's production company Overbrook Entertainment is reportedly busy with developing a family comedy show that will be a similar story to 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air'.

'Bad Boys 3' is set for release in February 2017 and 'Bad Boys 4' in July 2019.