Thor: Ragnarok director 'ignored' first two films

MoviesBy Sunday World
Thor: Ragnarok director 'ignored' first two films

Thor: Ragnarok's director has "ignored" the other films in the franchise while making the upcoming movie.

Taika Waititi has admitted he wanted to make an "awesome" standalone film so hasn't paid much attention to 2011's 'Thor' or 2013's 'Thor: The Dark World', and admitted he has "no idea" whether his motion picture with blend with the first two.

In a Reddit AMA, he wrote: "I made an effort to ignore the fact there are other Thor films.

"I honestly know NOTHING outside of what I'm doing. I'm trying to ignore the rest of the universe and just make my own awesome movie.

"It will be a nice addition to the Taika Waititi box-set though. (sic)"

Waititi has thoroughly enjoyed working with the likes of Sir Anthony Hopkins - who portrays Thor's dad Odin - Jeff Goldblum (Grandmaster) and Cate Blanchett (Hela) in the movie because they make him laugh.

When asked what it was like to team up with a host of stars in the film, he replied: "AMAZING. They are gold. Funny. Beautiful people (sic)"

He also hinted there could be a scene with Hopkins shirtless, and said fans can expect to see an 80s-style vibe in the hotly-anticipated motion picture.

Chris Hemsworth will reprise his role as the titular character in the film, which will see The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) try to help his Avengers teammate with a huge threat looming over Asgard.

Waititi previously admitted he will bring a "new style of humour" in the third 'Thor' movie.

He said: "My strength in this is bringing my style of humour, which is probably a very different style of humour. They've had good jokes in them before, but I think where I come from is maybe a fresher style. It could just shake the entire thing up a bit."

'Thor: Ragnarok' is scheduled to hit cinemas in November 2017.