EntertainmentMovies

Simon Pegg 'didn't love' the Star Trek Beyond trailer

MoviesBy Sunday World
Simon Pegg 'didn't love' the Star Trek Beyond trailer

Simon Pegg "didn't love" the first 'Star Trek Beyond' trailer released earlier this week.

The 45-year-old actor - who co-wrote and stars in the third film in the rebooted series - doesn't feel the promo video does the film any justice and has urged 'Star Trek' fans to be patient because there is a lot more to the movie that isn't showcased in the trailer.

He told HeyUGuys: "It was very action packed, it was surprising.

"I find it to be the marketing people saying, 'Everybody come and see this film, it's full of action and fun', when there's a lot more to it than that. I didn't love it because I know there's a lot more to the film.

"There's a lot more story and a lot more character stuff and a lot more, what I would call, 'Star Trek stuff'. To Star Trek fans, I would say: hang in there, be patient."

Meanwhile, Simon - who also stars as Unkar Plutt in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' - recently said he prefers 'Star Trek' to 'Star Wars' because he's contributed to the script.

Asked which sci-fi franchise he prefers, he explained: "I am bi-starrial. It's a choice I don't want to make ... But it has to be 'Star Trek' now because I've written part of it but 'Star Wars' was a huge film for me growing up."