John Boyega has no Star Wars nerves

MoviesBy Sunday World
John Boyega has no Star Wars nerves

John Boyega isn't "nervous" about the release of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'.

The 23-year-old actor had a first look at the complete film last week and admits it has settled his fears about how the movie will be received by the franchise's legions of fans.

He said: "I'm not nervous. I've watched the film and it's given me clarity on how it's going to do. Last week, me and Kathy [Kennedy; the president of LucasFilm Ltd.] sat down and watched the movie and it's amazing. I'm not just saying that; it's really genuinely a good film.

"The balance between the old and the new generation is so organic and natural. You're not going to feel like the new generation of new characters are forced on you. There's a natural kind of introduction and a blatant kind of chemistry between the characters, which is very very good."

And John - who got the attention of director J. J. Abrams after he starred in 2011's 'Attack the Block' - also revealed details about the long audition process he faced to win the part.

Speaking with Katie Couric for Yahoo! News, he added: "J. J. got in contact with me four years [after 'Attack the Block'] and I had an audition for 'Star Wars' and that kickstarted seven months of auditions, meetings and training.

"And then I finally booked the part after a nice breakfast with J. J. at a cafe and he told me, 'You're the star of 'Star Wars.'"