EntertainmentMovies

Idris Elba confirmed for Star Trek Beyond

MoviesBy Sunday World
Idris Elba confirmed for Star Trek Beyond

Idris Elba will appear in 'Star Trek Beyond'.

The 42-year-old star - who was rumoured to be starring as a villain in the sci-fi sequel - confirmed he will be taking up a role in the movie when he appeared alongside the entire cast, including Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin and John Cho, for an Omaze charity video.

Idris joins the group part way through the video and is welcomed by Chris, who says, "Idris, glad you could join us."

In the past, Idris has been rumoured to be starring as Klingon but co-writer and star Simon Pegg has admitted it is unlikely he would be given that specific role.

He said: "Idris, I heard there's a rumour he's been spoken to about stuff, so he may be in the film but he won't be a Klingon."

Meanwhile, Simon also admitted that he felt under pressure to write the script for the upcoming movie.

He quipped: "It's enormous pressure, I'm barely able to speak right now I'm so terrified, but no it's good, it's going well.

"You know we're working at it hard and I'm writing with a guy [Doug Jung], he's in LA I'm here. I was there last week, writing with him, he's going to come here next week and we'll just keep plugging away at it and hopefully come up with something that the fans like, everybody likes, not just the fans."