EntertainmentMovies

Charlize Theron 'may not return to Mad Max'

MoviesBy Sunday World
Charlize Theron 'may not return to Mad Max'

Charlize Theron is not certain to return to the 'Mad Max' franchise.

The Oscar-winning actress starred as Imperator Furiosa alongside Tom Hardy in the critically-acclaimed action movie 'Mad Max: Fury Road' earlier this year, but director George Miller has confessed he doesn't know if Charlize will reprise the role for the sequel.

Asked about the possibility, the 70-year-old film-maker said: "I'm not sure, is the answer.

"She's not in the 'Mad Max' [sequel] story, but in one of the stories there's an interaction between [Max and Furiosa]. I can't really say more than that because it's still in progress."

What's more, George confirmed that the previously-mentioned sequel name, 'Mad Max: The Wasteland', is not sure to be the film's final title.

He told Digital Spy: "That name came out, that was just a working title.

"[Screenwriter] Nico Lathouris and I wrote deep backstories on all the characters and they eventually became screenplays - so we have two [more movies].

"I'm happy to say that there's discussions about them right now, but I hope the next film I make is a very small without any special effects and not many stunts."

'Mad Max: Fury Road' is the highest grossing film in the history of the franchise, having made $374 million worldwide.