EntertainmentMovies

Billy Dee Williams to make Star Wars return

MoviesBy Sunday World
Billy Dee Williams to make Star Wars return

Billy Dee Williams will return for the new 'Star Wars' trilogy.

The 77-year-old actor, who starred as Lando Calrissian in the iconic film franchise, was overlooked for the eagerly-awaited 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens', but he is set to appear in the second of the three films.

An insider told The Sun newspaper: "It will be a fun cameo. Billy's definitely up for it."

Meanwhile, one of the pilots who helped film aerial shots for the new movie in Abu Dhabi has revealed he spotted British actor Simon Pegg on the set, prompting speculation he's to make a cameo appearance in the film.

Andy Nettleton told The National newspaper: "We sat on the next table to [director] J.J. Abrams and Simon Pegg. I was standing at the salad counter getting my lettuce and cucumber, and Simon Pegg was standing next to me.

"It's a strange experience - they look like normal human beings, then in the movies they're put under this spotlight."

Pegg has previously confessed to visiting the set, saying: "It's amazing, and I love Star Wars. I want to see everything happening. It looks wonderful, and you need to believe those characters. Any type of stunt casting might just pop you out of the movie."

However, he's also denied making an on-screen appearance.

Pegg said: "Look, I love Star Wars, and I don't want people to watch and go, 'Oh, there's Simon Pegg's face.'"