Here's why you should not put your phone under your pillow to charge
Images posted by police in New York show just how dangerous it can be to place your phone under your pillow or to charge your phone on the bed.
The images, posted on Twitter by the 33rd Precinct of the NYPD, show burn damage caused to pillows and beds by phones.
Don't put your cellphone under a pillow when sleeping or when charging your device.Please share this tip and b safe! pic.twitter.com/uwD3PXgVQf— NYPD 33rd Precinct (@NYPD33Pct) February 16, 2016
The incident happend in Manhattan when someone plugged in their smartphone and left it under their pillow to charge.
Our own emergency services have also recently warned of the dangers of charging items on your bed.
In January, Dublin Fire Brigade posted shocking images of a very badly burned bed after someone left an item to charge on top of their duvet.