Easter Recipes: Sirloin Steak with kale, smokey bacon & parmesan
Thanks to Lidl Ireland, we have a series of mouth-watering Easter recipes guaranteed to impress the family!
Next on the menu is Paul Flynn's delicous sirloin steak with kale, smokey bacon & parmesan.
Owner & Head chef at The Tannery in Dungarvan, Co Waterford, Paul is renowned for cooking modern Irish food. And he regularly teams up with Lidl Ireland to deliver delicious & comforting family recipes, using the finest ingredients from the Lidl Deluxe Range.
For a tasty meal to enjoy with friends & family, just follow the simple steps below, tuck in & enjoy!
- 2 pkts of Inisvale Irish Sirloin Steaks
- 1 pkt of Curly Kale stalks removedand washed
- 1 pkt of Dulano Smoked BaconLardons (125g)
- 1 solo Garlic peeled & thinly sliced
- A drizzle of Primadonna Extra VirginOlive Oil
- A drizzle of Vita D'or Sunflower Oil
- 20g Dairy Manor Butter
- A splash of Water
- 30g Lovilio Parmesan
- Kania Salt & Pepper
- Drizzle the olive oil into a pot over a highish heat, add your bacon followed by the garlic then cook for 3-4 minutes until they start to colour then add the butter and remove from the heat. Season the steaks.
- In another pan heat a little sunflower oil,when the oil is smoking lightly cook your steak for 4 minutes on one side until it's nicely crusted, then turn over and cook for a further 3 minutes. This will give you a lovely pink steak.
- Allow the steak to rest in a warm place whileyou cook the kale. Put the pot with the bacon and garlic back on the heat, add the kale with a splash of water and some salt & pepper.
- Put a lid tightly on the pot and cook the kale for 4 minutes until it wilts and tenderises but still stays a lovely vivid green.
- Serve with the steak and lots of shaved parmesan.