Easter Recipes: Roast Chicken with bacon, whole garlic & red wine vinegar
Thanks to Lidl Ireland, we have a series of mouth-watering Easter recipes guaranteed to impress the family!
The latest installment on the menu is Paul Flynn's tasty roast chicken with bacon, whole garlic & red wine vinegar.
Owner & Head chef at The Tannery in Dungarvan, Co Waterford, Paul is renowned for cooking modern Irish food. And he regularly teams up with Lidl Ireland to deliver delicious & comforting family recipes, using the finest ingredients from the Lidl Deluxe Range.
For a tasty meal to enjoy with friends & family, just follow the simple steps below, tuck in & enjoy!
- 1 Bally Manor Irish Medium Chicken
- 1 pkt of Dulano Smoked Bacon Lardons
- 1 basket of solo Garlic
- 4 tbsps of Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbsps of Primadonna Extra VirginOlive Oil
- 7 whole carrots, peeled
- 1 tbsp of Dairy Manor Butter
- Some Fresh Herbs (Thyme, Rosemary,Oregano)
- Kania Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180oC.
- Put the chicken onto a roasting tray and drizzle with the olive oil then season. Scatter the garlic around in their skins then add the butter and carrots (this may seem like a lot of garlic but when you cook them in their skins they become mild and sweet, simply squeeze out the garlic on to the chicken).
- Cook for 25 minutes, baste the chicken then add the bacon and put back into the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven then splash the vinegar over the chicken. Turn the garlic and bacon around in the chicken juices. Portion your chicken and spoon over the bacon garlic mixture.
- Pick your herb leaves off in little flecks and scatter over the chicken, then serve.