Easter Recipes: Leg of Lamb with Potatoes, Onions and Thyme
Thanks to Lidl Ireland, we have a series of mouth-watering Easter recipes guaranteed to impress the family!
First up is Paul Flynn's Leg of Lamb with Potatoes, Onions and Thyme.
Owner & Head chef at The Tannery in Dungarvan, Co Waterford, Paul is renowned for cooking modern Irish food. And he regularly teams up with Lidl Ireland to deliver delicious & comforting family recipes, using the finest ingredients from the Lidl Deluxe Range.
- 1 leg of lamb (1700g approx)
- 8 rooster potatoes ( washed, but peel only half the bag , I like the flavour of potato skins)
- 2 mild Spanish onions (680g) peeled , halved and sliced.
- 2 cloves of solo garlic (42g) peeled and thinly sliced.
- A tbsp of picked thyme leaves.
- 1 chicken stock cube mixed into 750ml water
- A drizzle of olive oil.
- A lg knob of butter (40g)
- 1 pkt of baby plum tomatoes (250g).
- Preheat oven to 175c/155c fan
- Peel half your potatoes.
- Slice all potatoes into 1 cm rounds. Put potatoes in roasting tray.
- Peel, half and slice your onions. Add to the roasting tray.
- Peel and slice your garlic cloves. Add to the roasting tray.
- Pick the leaves from the thyme sprigs over the roasting tray and scatter around potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Flatten to accommodate the lamb.
- Put the lamb on top of the potatoes.
- Pour 750ml of stock around the potatoes.
- Dot the potatoes with the butter.
- Drizzle olive oil over the lamb. Season the lamb.
- Cover the tray tightly with foil. Cook for 1 hour. Remove the foil and cook for a further 30 minutes uncovered.
- Add the tomatoes for the last 5 minutes.
- Let lamb rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad.
For a detailed, step-by-step guide on how to get the best out of this recipe, check out the video below.
PS. Dont miss your chance to win a Family Pass to the Lidl Easter Movie Screenings - play our 'Family Movie Quiz' HERE!