Easter Recipes: Easter Egg Cupcakes
Thanks to Lidl Ireland, we have a series of mouth-watering Easter recipes guaranteed to impress the family!
The second installment is Paul Flynn's Easter Egg Cupcakes.
Owner & Head chef at The Tannery in Dungarvan, Co Waterford, Paul is renowned for cooking modern Irish food. And he regularly teams up with Lidl Ireland to deliver delicious & comforting family recipes, using the finest ingredients from the Lidl Deluxe Range.
Ingredients (Makes 10-12)
- 110 butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g self-raising flour
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- For the icing
- 140g butter softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- a few drops of yellow food colouring
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Line a bun tin with paper cases.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together in large bowl with electric whisk.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
4. Add the teaspoon of vanilla extract.
5. Fold in the flour adding a large metal spoon.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of milk.
7. Spoon mixture into paper cases until they are half full.
8. Bake in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool.
10. Now make the icing. Beat the butter with electric whisk in mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
11. Add half the icing sugar and beat again.
12. Add the other half of the icing sugar.
13. Add 1 tablesepoon of milk.
14. Beat again until very smooth.
15. Add 1 or 2 drops of yellow food colouring. Mix until well combined.
16. Spoon icing into piping bag with star nozzle.
17. Pipe the icing onto the cupcakes.
18. Decorate with mini eggs and little chicks.
For a detailed, step-by-step guide on how to get the best out of this recipe, check out the video below.
PS. Dont miss your chance to win a Family Pass to the Lidl Easter Movie Screenings - play our 'Family Movie Quiz' HERE!