Easter Recipe: Melting Lamb in a Red Wine Sauce
Thanks to Lidl Ireland, we have a series of mouth-watering Easter recipes guaranteed to impress the family!
The final item on the menu is Paul Flynn's scrumptous melting lamb in a red wine sauce.
Owner & Head chef at The Tannery in Dungarvan, Co Waterford, Paul is renowned for cooking modern Irish food. And he regularly teams up with Lidl Ireland to deliver delicious & comforting family recipes, using the finest ingredients from the Lidl Deluxe Range.
For a tasty meal to enjoy with friends & family, just follow the simple steps below, tuck in & enjoy!
- 2 pkts of Inisvale Lamb Gigot Chops
- 1 pkt of Dulano beech smoked RindlessBacon Lardons
- 2 Red Onions peeled & quartered
- 1 pkt Chestnut Mushrooms cleaned
- 1 Solo Garlic peeled & sliced
- A knob of Dairy Manor Butter
- 2 glasses of Red Wine
- 1 Cusina Chicken Stock Cube dissolved in200ml of water
- A little fresh Thyme or Sage
- 1 tbsp Belbake Flour
- 1 tbsp Belbake Sugar
- Kania Salt & Pepper
- Some chopped Parsley to finish (optional)
- Set your oven to 160oC.
- Melt your butter in a casserole dish and add your onions. Cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes then add your garlic, bacon and mushrooms
- Sweat for 3 minutes or so, then add the flour over a gentle heat. After a couple of minutes add the wine, stock, sugar and herbs then bring to a simmer.
- Season your chops then add them to the pot making sure as much as possible that they are covered with the liquid. To help, place some greaseproof paper or baking parchment on top and press everything down.
- Place in the oven for 1 hour 15 min still the lamb is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with mashed potato and some chopped parsley.